Monthly Archives: October 2011
Three DJs, all playing very different sets to amuse on this ghoulish weekend – accompanied by the wonderful Second Life Cheerleading Squad! A New London Systems/Bad Wolf K-9 was one of the prizes, as was am nls T50 console!
DJ Holocluck (center) gave us his ecclectic blend of music and open entertainment!
New London’s Guy Fawkes exhibition opened this past Saturday, as advertised on Second Life’s Showcase Locations. This has been a successful event that will continue to run till November 5th, Bonfire Night itself.
There are Guy Fawkes Freebies at the Tower of London plus an exhibition that we hope is education as it is fun, with a few relevant ghoulish props and a SL inacted gallery of the gruesome history of Guy Fawkes and the London Gun Power plot.
And to finish Saturday we had DJ Holocluck in our newly opened Travellers Rest nightclub! A fun night of eclectic music! Thanks to all who came!
The Travellers Rest pub in New London opened tonight with a DJ Kat at the helm! Kat did a big upgrade to the pub at the beginning of the month giving it a brand new floor for musical events – a real garage vibe in there. Here are some pics of the night – theme was history vs future. Upstairs is the club area! You’ll find all sorts of oddities here!
Below is the relaxing lounge and bar. Empty right now – they’re all upstairs!
Seasonal excitement grew yesterday, as a photo shoot was held for the Guy Fawkes Exhibition that opens at the Tower of London in New London Village on Saturday 22nd.
Guy Fawkes was joined by Static Frenzy, Wellzy Horngold, Garf Serpente, TheDoctor Mayo, Holocluck Henly and master photographer Laredo Lowtide for the shoot, which took about an hour to complete.
You will be able to see the results of their endeavours for yourself, when The Guy Fawkes Exhibition swings open its doors!
Look out for more Halloween fun coming soon to New London Village… and check out A Touch of Ireland in Cork!
– Kat Kassner
Local residents have reported seeing men dressed in black acting suspiciously on the streets of New London Village at night. Our reporter Hugh Jass spent several nights sleeping rough in order to try and find out who the shady characters are. Last night, he struck gold, capturing this photograph of 2 very dodgy looking chaps in Baker Street. Who are they? What are they doing? We want to know. Call the New London Times if you have any info on these men!
Sim was packed for Eddie’s return tonight! Lag increased, live music hummed, cheerleaders cheered and people danced! A big Bad Wolf prize – The Bad Wolf Megapack – of the companies entire catalogue was won!
Here’s some pictures of the event! Thank you all for coming! Thanks particularly to Eddie Santillo and the Second Life Cheerleading Squad!
Saturday night brought a change in plans – with cheerleaders in Adipose Square followed by DJ Garf in New London Village Park and then as the night progressed, the two combined! Music and dancing – it was a great spectacle! Enjoy the pictures!
If you wish to book the Second Life Cheerleading Squad – SLCS – contact Joellen Hawker in-world. If you want to book DJ Garf Serpente, you’ll find him drunk under a bench around about now – or berating me for making such an outrageous statement. Take your pick – he’ll be picking lager.
We have a busy month in New London as the Winter season arrives!
- First off, we’ve had some changes to the sim, just minor ones, but if you look around you’ll find minor alterations – one big alteration however is Tower Bridge that has been expanded and lit to mimic the real one more closely!
- Second, we have TARDIS Expo the weekend of 15th and 16th – we will have TARDIS exteriors from a range of Second Life creators on display with a backdrop of DJs, live music and DJing! Expect DJ Garf on Saturday night with live music from Eddie Santillo on the Sunday!
- Halloween approaches – look out for seasonal gore and horror throughout the sim – a few Halloween based time ships too. Some free Halloween gestures are available just outside the Tower of London! We will have a Halloween event closer the date!
- Guy Fawkes! He’s already lurking around the sim with plots – look out for him and our Bonfire event that will remember, remember the 5th of November on, well, the 5th of November – so remember remember!
- Finally, some upgrades to New London’s T50 system – look out for some rezzer upgrades to improve your landings in New London!